viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

think green!




Today we have to write about a topic that I’m concerned about very much and this is the environmental care.



Since I was a kid I felt that the people didn’t take care of the animals and the plants and I cried every time I saw a dog or a cat having a bad time on the streets. The schools and the society don’t teach anything about the environmental care that’s the reason why the people don’t know elemental issues like the water is ending and that sooner than later (I hope later) we will have to find ways to use the salt water to do all the things that are related to the water uses and that our children will not have the possibility to freely enjoy a glass of water.
When I realized that, I started to learn a lot about this topic and to teach to the people that are around me how to make their life in a greenly way. So I started to reuse things like the clothes or the plastic bags to do new and useful things: With my mother, we made old clothes dolls and stuffed animals and we used the old plastic bags to build a green house where we planted lettuces, onions, garlic, chives, beans and many other plants.



Even though, in all this time I didn’t join to any organization concerned about this topic because I feel that this kind of organizations are more concerned about money and biggest companies than in people who really cares about the nature, animals and the future generations. But I joined to an organization that cares about animals in risk on the streets: they recue the animals (dogs and cats) and find a new place for them with people that could take care of their alimentation and health.



In the other hand, talking about the carbon footprint, I use my legs to moving around the city every time that I can, but as my house is far from the city I mostly go by car, but my car is really green, despite this I hope to buy in the future a hybrid car that has a lower carbon footprint.



I wish that in the future the environment keeps as we know it so my children and my grandchildren could enjoy the nature, the animals and the wonderful places that our plant have. But that is a mission for all of us, hope you join to the cause!!


http://youtu.be/gOxYdF3OpBA (here is a beautiful video to "find the green")


See you on March!

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Pauli. I was very happy to do the project together in a greenhouse made with recycled material. It was a very nice experience and I think the girls and us learned a lot in the process.
    Kisses =)

    ResponderEliminar